The Hot Melt roll coater of the HM Series is used for the application of hot melt adhesive to leather, plastics, paperboard, foam, and many other materials. This roll coater can apply almost any type of hot melt adhesive – including pressure sensitive hot melts and hot melt adhesives with long open time.
The hot melt roll coater applies hot melt adhesive to the part as it passes over the coating roll. Coating thickness can be adjusted with a dial on the top of the machine. The coating roll applies a thin layer of hot melt to the part, but the layer cools quickly, and the part can be handled immediately as it exits the coating machine.
This machine has two electronic temperature controls. One is for the adhesive melt chamber, and the other for the coating roll tank. The dual controls allow precise control of adhesive temperature – within 1 degree F. Hot melt adhesive can be added to the melt chamber of the coater without shutting the machine off.
A powered silicone covered feed roll presses the part against the coating roll to be sure that it receives a full coating of adhesive.
The Schaefer hot melt roll coater has a cantilevered feed roll, so it can be used to apply adhesive coating to either a strip along one edge of a part or it can be used for application to the full surface of the part (up to the full width of the coating roll). An adjustable feed guide is mounted to the feed table to ensure consistent and accurate width of adhesive application when coating only a section of the part. The machine is adjustable for coating parts from .010” to 1” thick
This coater is used to apply hot melt adhesive in shoe and orthotics manufacturing, leather goods assembly, foam fabrication, packaging, product labeling, automotive interior parts production and many other applications where a thin coating of hotmelt adhesive needs to be applied quickly.
• 9” wide open end feed roll – for coating edges or full surface. (HM-9)
• Simple adjustments for feed roll height, feed roll pressure, and coating thickness.
• Variable speed D.C. drive. Maximum speed 60 feet/minute
• Dual temperature control: one for melt chamber, one for roll tank. Adjustable to 400℉
• Adhesive can be added to melt chamber without chilling roll tank.
• Solid state temperature controls ensure precise control of temperature.
• Safety interlock shuts off roller if feed roll is raised 1” or more.
• Separate interlock prevents motor from running machine until operating temperature.
•Teflon seals on bearings to provide maximum life.
•Coating roll easily removed for cleaning or maintenance.
• Agitator roll built into tank to circulate adhesive
Dimensions: 18” w x 24” l x 16” h. Ship weight: 280 lbs., net 230 lbs.
Power: 208, 220, or 240V single phase – 2500 watts
Tank capacity: 5 lbs. of adhesive
Warm-up time: ½ hour
Roll width: 9” standard – 3” and 14” also available.
Part thickness: can coat parts up to 1” thick
Standard machine is equipped with a knurled coating roll, silicone rubber feed roll and stripper blade.
• Heavy knurl coating roll
• Angled feed table for thin parts
• Stripper fingers
• Grooved rolls for stripes
• Special roll widths