Label Gluing machines are used to apply glue to paper labels, and apply a thin layer of adhesive to the back surface of the label. These gluing machines can be used for the application of water base adhesive such as vegetable glue, PVA and EVA resin cement and casein glue. They are designed for fast glue application and easy cleanup, and are ideal for labeling short runs.
The MS label gluing machine has a stainless steel coating roller and glue tank, and has a simple dial control to set the glue application thickness. The dial adjust the position of a doctor blade that wipes excess glue off the coating roller and returns it to the glue tank. This allows precision adjustment of adhesive coating thickness. To clean the machine the entire coating head is removed, and can be soaked in the cleanup tank provided with the machine. The glue tank is sealed with a tight fitting cover while the coating head is off.
The MS label gluing machine is great for gluing paper labels and can apply glue to a label up to approximately .009 thick. An optional version with adjustable feed roll is available for parts up to 1/4’” thick (MSA – version). There is also a version for heavy papers (up to .020 thick) which is the MST.
Typical application is found in gluing labels for wineries, breweries, specialty foods, paints, cleaning solutions, chemicals, and agricultural products. This machine can also be used for gluing warehouse routing sheets and application of glue to decorative product labeling. Because the machine is so easy to clean, it is ideal for application in short run labeling.
The MS offers a real option to pressure sensitive adhesive labels and has the following advantages:
• Cost of gluing a label is only 1/4 to 1/3 the cost of a pressure sensitive adhesive label
• Short run and special labels can be produced inexpensively and run through the MS label gluer. There is
• no need to print large quantities of a custom label on pressure sensitive stock. A label can be made on an
• inkjet or laser printer, and glue applied with the MS label gluer.
• If the label is crooked or out of position when applied, it can be straightened before the glue sets. This
• cannot be done with a pressure sensitive label.
• After a labeling run is complete, the coating unit is removed from the machine and set in the soak tank,
• and the glue tank is covered. No time is wasted in cleaning glue out of the machine.
• Adjustablefeed roll system for stock up to 1/4″ thick (MSA version)
• Air Motor (where explosion proof units are needed)
• Striped Rolls
• Dot Rolls
• MSTversion for heavy stock (up to .020 thick)