Most gluing and coating machines apply adhesive to the bottom surface of parts, but the topside coating machine applies adhesive to the top surface. This feature allows glued parts to be handled by the dry surface, and makes the machine ideal for application to conveyerized gluing and coating lines.
The topside coater is designed with the coating roller and doctor roller arranged so that a pool of adhesive is trapped between them. The adhesive can flow lengthwise along the rollers to a collection point where it returns to an adhesive reservoir for recirculation to the rollers. Coating thickness is controlled by a dial adjustment of the gap between the rollers, allowing precise control of the adhesive coating
The feed roller position is adjustable for gluing of different part thicknesses, and drops away from the coating roller for machine cleanup. The machine can be used for coating parts from .003” to 1” thick.
For cleanup, a wash collection tray is inserted under the coating roll, and water is pumped up to the coating roller and doctor roller interface by a separate washdown pump. Washdown water with waste adhesive is collected in a separate reservoir. For solvent base adhesive, cleanup solvent is sprayed onto both the coating roller and doctor roller and waste is collected in a reservoir.
The feed rate of the topside coating machine is up to 100 feet per minute with the standard variable speed DC drive. Each machine comes mounted on a metal stand with locking casters.
• Adhesive applied to top side of part – no need to handle glued surface.
• Precision coating control saves adhesive and ensures quality work.
• Spring loaded doctor roll and feed rolls prevent damage in event of jams or foreign objects in machine.
• Simple adjustment for part thickness – .003” to 1” thick.
• Feed rolls drop away from coating roll for cleanup.
• Pumping system circulates adhesive – keeps glue fresh.
• Stainless steel rollers, tank and stripper points allow use of any adhesive without corrosion problems.
• Quick cleanup – water is pumped through glue supply system and machine practically cleans itself.
• Supplied with five gallon reservoir for glue.
• Safety interlock shuts off rollers if top cover is opened.
• Wash water reservoir and collection tank easily hand carried for filling or disposal.
• Easily coupled to conveyers – coats top surface of part.
• Infeed and outfeed conveyers
• Right hand feed (LH shown)
• Explosion proof motor + controls
• 50 Hz electrical
• Special widths
• Single feed roller (for rigid materials)
• Solvent washdown system
• Roller end dams (for epoxy or short runs)
• Rubber covered rollers